Making contact with school staff
- At Hatch Warren Junior School, we encourage parents to contact us if they have any concerns or worries about any aspect of their child's education. This can be done in a number of different ways. In the first incident we would encourage parents to contact the school via the school office between the hours of 08:00 and 16:30, to arrange an appointment/phone call with your child’s class teacher. This can be done by emailing or by sending in a letter or note directly to the class teacher.
- Alternatively parents can also contact the school via the main school phone number We will aim to get back to you on the same day or within 24 hours.
- he reason for their request so that the teacher can prepare appropriately.
- We encourage parents to make contact with their child’s class teacher in the first incident with any concerns. If however your concern relates to an aspect of Special Educational Needs or disabilities (SEND) then parents can also make contact with the school SENDCo (Mrs. Heidi Murphy) again via the main school office.
- Alternatively if you wish to discuss a school matter with either the Headteacher, Mrs Emma Cady or the deputy head teacher Mrs Emily Manton, please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
- First thing in the morning the teaching staffs’ priority is preparing for their class and/or supervising children. Therefore we will not normally arrange for meetings before the start of the school day. If parents have a brief message that they wish to pass on to the class teacher at the start of the day then this can be done in person at drop off. The message can be either passed to the class teacher at the class door or passed to the head/ deputy head/ family support worker who can be found at the front gate each morning from 8.40am – 9.00am
- Teaching staff are available for meetings after school most days. The exceptions to this are:
- On a Wednesday when staff meetings are held (some staff also have senior leader meetings on a Tuesday after school and may be unavailable on this day)
- When they are running an after school club
However, teaching staff may be able to communicate with parents after 16:30.
As a staff we want what is best for all of the children in school and are keen to ensure that we listen to any parental concerns. We do ask that parents always treat staff with the same level of respect that they themselves would look to receive when discussing any concerns about their children.