Parent governor vacancy
Hatch Warren Junior School Governing Board is made up of Parents, Staff, Local Authority and Co-opted Governors. Our Governors may come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are volunteers who work together for the benefit of the school and are the link between the school and the community it serves.
We are currently looking for a new parent governor and would be keen to hear from anyone who has;
• A keen interest in the performance of the school
• A desire to contribute to and represent the community
• An open and enquiring mind
• The ability to look at issues objectively
• The confidence to ask questions
• A willingness to listen and make informed judgements
• The ability to work well with others
What can we offer?
Being a Governor can be enjoyable, stimulating and rewarding. It can also offer:
• A chance to develop skills in strategic management
• The opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our school
• Training to develop an understanding of specific school management issues
• A sense of achievement in making a difference to our school
• The pleasure of helping students reach their potential
Please don’t be put off thinking that you have to have specialist experience or knowledge. Enthusiasm and interest is much more important to start with and there is training and support to help you, including an induction programme and training provided through the Local Authority, as well as experienced Governors to support you.
What is the Governing Board's Role?
The Governing Body has three core functions:
• Setting Strategic Direction - championing our vision, values and ethos and setting priorities for school improvement
• Holding to account - we are responsible for holding the Head Teacher and Senior Leaders to account for the quality of teaching and learning, levels of achievement, behaviours and safety
• Ensuring good financial governance - ensuring good financial management by setting and overseeing the budget, ensuring that resources are allocated to school priorities and needs.
The Governing Board is there to provide a framework which helps the Head Teacher to deliver the aims and vision enables him to reach his potential through the right mix of support and challenge.
• The Full Governing Board meets 6 times a year. In addition, there are 6 committee meetings.
• As a Governor you may be required to have a special responsibility, ie as the Special Educational Needs Governor or the Health & Safety Governor
If you are interested, please email the school office for an application form. The deadline for applications is 25th September 2020
If you would like an informal chat regarding the role, please contact the school and a member of the Governing Board will contact you.