School meals and healthy snacks
Special Diet Register for school meal
April 2021 to October 2021 School Menu
SNACKS available from September 2021
To qualify for Free School Meals you would need to be in receipt of the one of the following...
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
School Meal Web Page
Healthy Snacks at break times
Children are allowed to purchase a snack from the school kitchen at break times. These are sold by the year six monitors and choices include freshly baked bread, fresh milk or juice and dried and fresh fruit. Children are encouraged to bring fruit from home but no chocolate bars or crisps are allowed to be consumed at break times.
At Hatch Warren Junior School our school meals are provided by HC3S who provide a 'full plate' service in primary schools, allowing each child to select a main item from the menu, which automatically comes accompanied by carbohydrate, vegetables, and a dessert (fresh fruit is always an alternative dessert option).
The menus adhere to the nutritional standards that came into effect from September 2008 and each child will have the opportunity to have at least two portions from a selection of vegetables, salad and fruit with their meal. We will also be continuing to offer additional bread as a free extra to our meals and water is available throughout the lunch period.