Vision, Values and Curriculum
The School’s Vision
Inspire, Believe, Persevere, Achieve.
- Children enjoy school in a happy and safe environment
- Children demonstrate respect for one another, celebrate differences and diversity and have the opportunity to develop a clear set of morals and spiritual awareness
- Children have the opportunity to achieve in all areas of an inspiring broad and balanced curriculum
- Children become responsible and independent learners alongside having regular opportunities to work collaboratively
- Children are self-reflective, resilient, demonstrate self-belief and have high aspirations for their future
- Children develop an appreciation of how to look after their physical and mental health and well-being
- Children develop a love of learning and are proud of their achievements
- Children develop a love of reading
- Children develop appropriate knowledge and life skills along with an appreciation of the world around them and the community in which they live
- Staff have high expectations of the pupils and children have high expectations of themselves
- Parents are involved in the education of their children and the community feels welcomed into the school environment
- Children leave Hatch Warren Junior School as happy, mature and sensible individuals, ready for the next stage in life
What are the aims of our curriculum?
Our main aim is to enable the children to achieve all aspects of the school vision and values through the curriculum which we deliver. Our vision for all child to be INSPIRED, to BELIEVE in their abilities, to PERSEVERE in order to ACHIEVE their best. Our curriculum is designed to promote our values.
How is the curriculum being delivered?
Our curriculum is a taught through a combination of cross curricular topic work and discrete subject lessons. The children are engaged in their work through hooks and outcome activities and a broad and balanced curriculum includes opportunities to engage in the outside world through clubs, trips and visitors. Special weeks in school also provide the children with the opportunity to extend their thinking by focusing on particular areas.
What difference do we feel the curriculum is making?
Children are encouraged to develop a thirst for learning that will last a life time alongside a positive growth mind set which enables them to rise to challenges. The curriculum enables the children to develop skills and knowledge in a variety of subject areas and to pursue their areas of interest. Our ultimate aim is that children leave the school proud of their achievements, full of positive memories from their time in school and ready for the next stage in their learning.
Our Curriculum For Learning
What does your child learn at school each day?
Find information about our curriculum subjects below. Information about the topics that are covered can also be found on the year group pages.
We follow the National Curriculum requirements for each subject and ensure our learning caters for all children in line with the Equality Act 2010 and SEND Act 2014. For further information please see our Equality policy or SEND policy in the policies section of our webpage.