General Data Protection Regulation 2018
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 came into effect on 25 May 2018. GDPR requires public authorities and businesses to identify the lawful basis for storing personal data, audit information we already hold and take a 'data protection by design and default' approach to personal data.
It also introduces new individual rights relating to personal data, such as the right to erase or the right to rectification. Due to this it is important that we keep comprehensive and up to date records on our pupils and their contact information.
This is particularly essential in times of an emergency or where a school wide message requires your attention.
Please assist us in keeping contact details up to date by either informing the office or using the Parent App on your devices.
To learn more about the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 please visit the Information Commissioner's Office website on http://ico.org.uk
What information does the school hold about my child?
- Phone Numbers
- Assessment data
- Medical information
Why do need they to hold all this data?
- Teachers need the Assessment Data for teaching purposes
- Personal Data is kept securely on ARBOR and only transferred to the Department of Education during CENSUS dates / Assessment dates
- The data is passed from school to school if your child moves school (apart from any Medical data which is NOT transferred automatically and will be up to you to give the new school this information)
What happens to my child's data after they have left the school?
- In accordance with the school retention schedule any data we hold is on ARBOR for the specified length of time in accordance with our retention schedule and this is transferred to any new school
What if I want certain aspects removed from my child's file?
- You have the right to refuse consent without detriment.
- We will act on any consent withdrawals within 48 hours
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any consent withdrawals
Who do I contact if I have more questions to ask?
- The DPO (Data Protection Officer) is Mrs Ryan in the school.
Data Protection Policy
Special Access Request Form
GDPR Contact Form
Please use this form to contact the Data Protection Officer (Mrs Caroline Ryan) in the school with any concerns you may have regarding you or your child's data. Thank you