Future Plans for Hatch Warren Junior School
Ms Bryant has been busy with her lovely ideas for the school, it all looks fabulous so far!
The Landscape Strategy
We live in an evolving and ever-changing world and our learning should be relevant to our lives. Every day should be filled with happiness, excitement and wonder as we prepare for the next stage, the next challenge, the next memory.
Our vision is to inspire learning for life where children feel safe, valued and respected and have the confidence and self-belief to build the skills that they need for a bright and successful future.
With all this in mind, the School Council, Governors and members of staff have been part of a working party that have put together plans, with the help of the Hampshire County Council Landscape Architect, to create an imaginative, useful and relaxing place for the children to play, learn and be creative in their own right.
We have attached the draft plan for you to see and we will update this page as and when progress is made. Please feel free to email in any comments about the landscape plans as you may have an idea we have not thought about yet!
UPDATE 12th Sept 2022 - All the materials arrived today for our new landscape project to start ! We are all very excited to see it all develop over the next few weeks!
UPDATE 23rd Sept 2022 - Wow they have almost finished ! Have a look at the photos below....
The Landscape Project
- The school building has been struggling with the roof for many years with various leaks which could not be resolved with small fixes. Hampshire County Council have now decided to spend the money on replacing the roof. The scaffolding and works will be in place until approximately October 2022.
- UPDATE 23rd Sept - Roofing works completed! No more leaks.
- Every classroom will have a new ceiling installed over the summer holidays, then in the Autumn each class will also be painted and re-carpeted.
- UPDATE Sept 2022 - The ceilings have been installed now and next the classrooms to be repainted in October half term
- UPDATE November 2022 - The classrooms have all been painted now.
- The central corridor in the school will also be having a new ceiling in August 2022.
- UPDATE Sept 2022 - The corridor ceilings have been finished now and they are looking really fantastic!
The Art Room Conversion
- The old art room will be converted into another working area for the pupils and staff in the school. This work is intended to start in the Summer Term.
- UPDATE Sept 2022 - The new room has been finished and is ready for the teachers to start using. Next job to decide a name for the new room - The school council have called the room The Warren.
- The warren has had a new interactive screen fitted and has been painted. A new carpet will go in there in October half term
- UPDATE November 2022 - A new carpet has now been laid